Planning to take your business online? If your answer is yes, then you can use Google Maps to add an extra element to your presence. To know more about Google Maps and how it impacts digital marketing, you need to first know more about maps and their allied benefits.
Apart from helping you in finding your ideal location, maps can make your business exist online. There are many ways to establish a brand and this is one of the most common, easy, and preferred ones. To make your social presence more profound, it is essential to ensure that everyone is aware of it. Google is one of the most preferred search engines with a market share of about 90%. With a huge presence, it is one of the applications you will find on everyone’s phone. Maps offer real-time navigation services to its customers with all the latest updates. Also, you can select your preferred mode of conveyance for a faster route. All these things are there to offer a safe ride to the user, guiding him about all the latest updates on a real-time basis.
Out of all the things being searched on the internet, about one-third are related to location and places. This can include restaurants, cafes, amusement parks, malls, local markets, etc. To attract more audience, you need to show up on google.
Google Maps and how it impacts digital marketing-
The foremost thing is to ensure that you are available on Google. For this, you will have to go for ‘Google My Business (GMB)’. This is a special platform set by Google that helps a business in marking an online presence. The registration process is extremely simple. You just have to visit the website and register with your business details. Next, you will receive a postcard on your business address with a verification code. This is done to ensure that the address and the business are completely authentic and all the things stated are genuine and true. Once you put on the verification code, your business will be live on Google. This will now appear in all the local searches. The primary role is to make the best use of the feature and to tell your audience more about your business. You can even upload text, pictures, videos and can create a post to spread awareness.
Once you mark your presence, you will be now able to rank on Google searches. This is a great way to drive more traffic to your business and to generate more leads. Google Maps take into account different factors while deciding the rank results. The geographic distance from the person conducting the search and the business category is the most common one. The reviews you put and see also influence Google Maps and how it impacts digital marketing. The following things also impact your presence-
• Optimize your images- While posting on GMB, make sure your images are clear, appropriate, and depict your products and services. This will help everyone in understanding more about you.
• Fill in complete information- Always check the things you post twice. This will make things clear for you and also for others. Incomplete information can make it difficult for the search engines to find out about you and will also complicate things.
• Reviews- Make sure there are positive reviews and a great star rating along with your profile. This will make things easier for you and will also make a good impact on others. For this, keep an eye on your services, and in case of any grievance, you can contact the support for reviews.
• Address and Zip code- While publishing your address, make sure your Zip code is correct. In case you are not sure, you can search it in some local directory or can it on Google.
• Integrate your ads- You can integrate your ads and can include location-based filters. Also, you can target more audiences based on location and can improve your presence.
• Add keywords- SEO is incomplete without correct keywords placed in the right order. You can add these keywords in your local searches and can get more audiences to know more about you.
These are a few things that can be added to Google Maps and how it impacts digital marketing. While placing these things, ensure that you don’t get too over with the placement. There is a dedicated way to tell Google about your existence. To get more benefits, ensure that your website is being indexed and crawled by Google. The greatest thing about the platform is that it integrates and clubs all the things for generating search results. Also, make sure that you put the same phone number, address, email, and other details on different platforms. With over 154 million users, Google Maps marketing is one of the most significant aspects of local marketing. You can improve your local presence, which will give you more customers and leads. You can even request your audience to post a review on the platform. This will improve your engagement and will make your presence better.
Always put a strong emphasis on your introduction. Use catchy lines and make sure that your introduction is complete and lists out the things properly. Not only this will define you but will give others an idea about you and your business. All these things will help you to know more about Google Maps and how it impacts digital marketing. The more you will study about it, the better will be the results. There is always a huge scope of improvement and you can optimize your things anytime. Also, try to make things more SEO-friendly. This will give you more searches, and better outcomes organically. Don’t forget to keep your information updated and monitor your results. Make sure your details and working hours are listed correctly. In case they are not, you can make changes anytime to ensure that things are in order. All these things, if optimized properly, can give you the best results in no time.